Approaching the New year is the time where many people make lists of their resolutions and goals for the coming year. It is the time where people start diets, the gym, yoga classes and take up a new hobby. My new years hopes are already trodden down slightly because I know in 2020 I’m going to be hit with my aunties constantly deteriorating dementia and many painful court dates on the case of my nieces and nephews being in Foster care. 2020 isn’t going to be a clean slate or fresh start for a lot of people, so resolutions aren’t as easy to make as others. On saying all of this as a realistic approach, I will still be making goals for myself, work and life overall because I love a good list and the chance to better myself and experiences.
Bad days, weeks and months are inevitable. I have and always will suffer with mental health issues like anxiety, reactive depression and Autism and certain life events will trigger some unwanted thoughts and feelings but it’s how we deal with them that matters. Like I always say. I survive. We continue to overcome struggles, loss, grief, illness both mental and physical and we need to learn to reward ourselves more than we punish. Merely getting up in the morning is good enough and I hope you know that! Life is hard and you are a beautiful warrior beating those down days you thought you could never escape. Your badass.
Don’t worry about resolutions and goals if you’re not feeling it right now. Every second, minute, hour and day you can choose to make a fresh start. You can choose to say ‘No’, ‘Yes’, ‘Maybe’. You can take up that new hobby another day. You can make goals when you are ready. You never have to work by everyone else clock. The only time that matters is your own. You know when you will be ready, until then, just stay you and find what works for you.
Here are some of my goals for 2020.
My goals for 2020
- Focus on Self Care and Self Love routines
- Improve my blogging, aesthetic and work overall
- Work on and develop relationships with other brands
- Work on content engagement
- Increase my blogging network and community
- Go to blogging events
- Collaborate with brands and other content creators
- Focus on Youtube content alongside blogging and social media
- Work on IGTV content creation
- Engage more in physical activities that I love such as aerial silks, hoops and pole fitness
- Become stronger emotionally, physically and mentally
- Fit into my role as Engagement Lead for Think4Brum
- Pass driving theory and practical test
- Improve product and flatlay photography
- Learn more about skin care and makeup
- Improve makeup skills and looks
- Improve confidence in public speaking, social gatherings, approaching brands and in my own content creation and ideas