So for Day 11 it is Halloween Makeup! It’s that time of year where we can get whacky and weird with our bodies and faces and get away with it. I have decided to talk about some looks I did last year and some I did this year! I’m no pro when it comes to makeup artistry but I try my best and have fun doing each look. I have a lot of self doubt with how incredible some influencers and MUA’s are but I have to remind myself that I have no professional experience hehe. What matters is that you have fun whilst creating! That should be the main priority.
Half torn bloody face
This look I did last year for Halloween. I did it as part of the Scriptober challenge by Scripturient blogger. It was so much fun and was the first time I’ve really tried anything very creative with makeup. This look was the first time I’d tried doing anything with liquid latex. It was messy but fun and although it didn’t turn out quite right, I still enjoyed it. I did have a bit of a reaction to the latex but managed to get the picture before hehe!
This look was made using:
* Makeup Revolution – SFX fake blood
* Makeup Revolution – SFX liquid latex
* Makeup Revolution – SFX metallic face paint palette
* Makeup Revolution – Conceal & Hydrate foundation
* Barry M – Concealer
* Makeup Revolution – Gothic glam kit black eyeliner
* MUA – Eye define nourish & care mascara
This third eye look was a favourite of mine! I was so bloody proud of it considering I hadn’t done many creative looks at all. I felt a sense of pride when I did this as the eye looked so much more realistic than I thought It would.
This look was achieved by using:
* Makeup Revolution – black eye liner
* Makeup Revolution Lipstick
* MUA – Mascara
* Superdrug – Eyelashes
This look was a little anti climatic if I’m honest. It didn’t quite run out as expected but I still want to write about it because I tried my best hehe! It’s meant to be like a comic effect.. I suppose it’s not too bad. I enjoyed doing it and still am proud to have tried. Maybe next year I will have improved and can give you a much better version.
This look was made using:
* Makeup revolution Love spells eyeshadow palette
* Makeup revolution Curses and Hexes eyeshadow palette
* MUA Jet black eye pencil
* MUA Eye define nourish & care mascara
This look is inspired by the horror legend Pennywise the dancing clown from Horror writer Stephen kings novel IT.
It’s simple yet affective and I won’t lie, I’m so proud of myself for getting past my extremely self sabotaging thoughts. I battled on and it’s turned out spooky, creepy and cool. I am obsessed with Stephen king, being a huge fan of his films and novels so this look was so much fun to create in his honour!
This looks was made using:
* Makeup revolution SFX face paint palette
* Makeup revolution forever flawless Midnight rose palette
* Makeup revolution eye brow pencil
* Makeup revolution matte red propoganda lipstick
* GOSH velvet touch 168 Dive lipstick
Thank you so much for reading! I hope to try out many more looks this season and post them on my socials and blog, so keep your eye peeled!