Dear Curvy girls & guys,
Summer is approaching and don’t we know it! But let me tell you now, there is no set standard for a ‘bikini/ Summer ready body’. This year and every year we should embrace and rebrand that term, bringing all inclusive vibes to the table to flood Summer with all shapes, sizes and ditch the so called ‘bikini/ Summer body requirements’.
Here’s to cheeky cellulite being free, stretch marks on fleek, scars on show and allowing our gorgeous bodies to enjoy the Summer and grabbing life by the balls.
Wanting to feel more confident and body positive this Summer? Here’s some tips to keep you inspired for embracing your ‘bikini/ Summer ready’ body just. the. way. it. is!
- Teach yourself to detach your mind from your body and start your relationship from scratch. Everyday, turn a negative thought about your body into a compliment. Encourage yourself the way you would a friend. Maybe practise some affirmations like:
- Surround yourself with a judgement free community who focus on self love and body acceptance. There is nothing more empowering than being amongst a glorious group of diverse bodies. Online or in person, body positive communities can inspire, motivate and kickstart a fire inside of you that makes you start living your best life with your body just the way it is! There’s no time for negative people. Kindness, collaboration over competition and real unfiltered bodies is the way to move forward with a new mindset. I mean, this is exactly what ‘Dear curvy girl’ is here for!
- Wear what you feel good in! Don’t feel pressured to wear any more or any less than you want. If you want to wear a bikini and nothing else, blooming do it. If you feel better in a wrap dress over your bikini, then do so. The world is your stage. Don’t let haters change how your show runs. You’re the star, shine bright and f*ck narrow minded opinions
- Create an inspirational environment and surrounding.
– Have your favourite clothes showcased where you can see them. This will help you feel uplifted and bright, knowing you feel great whilst wearing those items. And only keep clothes you feel good in. It can be dangerous to our minds to hold onto clothes in the hope of fitting into them ‘one day’. Only keep them if you feel happy about your journey moving forward and you know they won’t put any pressure on you or risk you falling into unhealthy mindsets or patterns.
– Have your favourite motivational quotes or images up on your walls to act as a visual boost each day.
– Have some positive and inspiring visuals on your phone, laptop or electric device so you can be constantly reminded each day. Maybe even have daily affirmations dotted around.
– Set your intentions for the day, week or month and keep them close by. Maybe have these alongside your achievements to remind you of your wonder.
– Have a body positive companion you can check in with when you need an extra boost or even to share your support to them. Supporting people can give us so much inspiration to be kinder to ourselves.
This Summer and thereon I vow to support you. I will affirm my gratitude in the hopes we can work together once again to show the world how beautiful we are. Without you I wouldn’t be here, standing strong, overcoming life’s hurdles and fighting back when I’m struck down. The world is our stage. This life is our story. A new struggle and battle is a new chapter and one that counts even when we want to forget it. Together we can make a beautiful story; One of hope, downfalls, high rises and strength. Together we can inspire others and teach people that life can be beautiful even when we are criticised for our size, shape and marks. For those who throw their negatives our way don’t realise these marks on our skin speak louder than they ever will. These marks are our history, our power. This body they fault is OURS and my goodness it’s fucking divine. We don’t need their approval to shine bright. Our light will blind their negative remarks and shatter the stones they throw. For we are beautiful.
Thank you so much for reading. I hope you feel inspired to continue your journey of self love and body acceptance.