Happy Easter everyone!
I hope you are all staying home and staying safe. Today Mum and I took our daily walk for exercise to our local forest. We are lovers of nature and needed some extra fresh air and healing today so we wandered around the forest through the trees hearing the birds sing and admiring the sun shining through the trees.
It reminded me of how Spring and Easter emanate fresh vibes and the feeling of new beginnings. I hope we can all take something from the situation with Covid19 and use it to create a better world, a stronger community and a kinder attitude.
Alternative ways to spend Easter
* Have a Barbecue as a household or with your neighbours through the gardens.
* Make an easter egg hunt in your home or garden for any children you live with.
* Craft some fun Easter things like bonnets, eggs, colourful chains, rainbows and such.
* Bake some Easter treats like cakes, rice crispy chocolate cakes, shredded wheat nests and maybe even some cookies.
* Spend the weekend having cocktails, relaxing in your home or garden and having a film night with a takeaway or some lovely homemade food
* Have a game night with your household or even online with friends
* Have a face time get together with friends and family and a glass of your favourite beverage as you chat, play games and enjoy a digital social time!
* Spend some quality time with yourself practising self care, positivity, mindfulness and completely spoiling yourself with your favourite games, films, food and drink.
* Have a digital date over FaceTime with your other half.
* Have some fun with some creative makeup on yourself, family or even the little ones like a mini face paint session with fun easter designs.
A spot of Easter baking!
Since Easter is definitely being spent at home with either your wonderful self or as a household, let’s make it fun! It’s going to be really difficult for those who usually spend Easter with friends and family, especially those who love to make a big deal out of it with children in their family by creating Easter egg hunts, Treasure hunts and just having a lovely get together at home with a barbecue and tasty treats.
Although it won’t be the same, we can still make the most out of Easter weekend and enjoy the occasion uniquely.
How about having a face time gathering in your home or garden sharing chats, fun and even games. You can create an easter hunt and face time your little ones in the family and do virtual Easter activities. Maybe you and your family can both have a little barbecue and share it over video chat like you’re together.
Life is what we make it and during these tough times we can only do so much, so let’s try and find ways around this isolation and social distancing period. Have a window visit, face time picnic, game night over video chat and even a baking session together too.