It is day 2 of #BlogtoberWithBOA and today we are expressing our gratitude by talking about what we love about Autumn!
* Blogtober challenges! – I absolutely love all of the challenges for Autumn and October as they are always so fitting and really get those cosy, Autumn vibes flowing! From reading challenges to selfie challenges, I love seeing them all on social media. This is why I decided to create and host my very own one this year! Click here to see the whole post about the month challenge!
* Autumnal Scented Candles – There is nothing more I love than being home and popping on a candle or two or three… They set the cosy mood, create a warm glow in your house and just make me feel at ease. I have already been out and bought lots of Autumnal scented candles and cannot wait to fill my home with gorgeous scents throughout Autumn!
* Autumn and Halloween themed bath products – Since having my bath fitted this year I am so in love with popping some candles on, dimming the lights and enjoying a long soak in some warm water with a lovely bath bomb and bubble bath. I cannot wait to see the Autumn and Halloween product releases this year as I will actually be able to use them!
* Halloween decorations – I have always been obsessed with Halloween and I’ve never grown out of it and don’t think I ever will to be honest. I love creepy things, horror films, horror novels, dark decor and just everything that screams (literally) Halloween. Although my style has changed, I am still in love with all things gothic and would keep Halloween decor up all year round if I could.
* Pumpkin Spiced everything – I know it sounds like a cliché this time of year for women to just love PS lattes and such but I genuinely love it so much. I love using the coffee syrup, buying beanies coffees and finding candles too. Pumpkin spice makes me feel cosy, at home and at ease. It really is Autumn!
* Autumn coffee shop beverage flavours – Again, it is super cliché with the coffee shops and flavoured coffee but it really does make you feel Autumnal when you’re sat in a warm home or coffee shop sipping a warm Autumnal flavoured beverage. Time stops for a moment as you take in all of the beautiful flavours, scents and feels! For me anyway… Hehe
* Pumpkin recipes – Each year I love to make pumpkin soup, curry and really try and create something new! I love attending parties and restaurants where there are dishes made with pumpkin. I know it isn’t an appealing ingredient for some, but I really do get super excited to see what’s new to try!
* Being able to get cosy and wrap up in a blanket – Personally I find it very hard to get cold so I suffer in the warmer months. When it gets to Autumn I am so relieved that I can get my cosy jumpers on and enjoy cosying up with a soft blanket and warm drink. I know some people aren’t a fan of the cold, crisp air but it just helps me so much!
* Walks through Autumn leaves and forests – I am certainly at one with nature. It helps me feel grounded to admire natural beauty and breathe in fresh air whilst hearing the trees sway in the wind. Hearing the leaves crunch under my feet and seeing the vibrant colours Is my idea of perfection.
* Cosy nights in – One of my favourite ways to spend an evening is to cosy up in my lounge or bedroom with my family, soft blankets, a good film and delicious snacks. Some nights maybe a cheeky tipple and a take out! Oooo just thinking about it is making me smile!
* Horror movie marathons – I am horror and crime obsessed! Whether its a podcast, film, TV show or novel, I am done! I have a ‘to watch’ list during Autumn so I can go back to it, tick off what I’ve watched and even rewatch some of my favourite ones. The best thing is, my partner also loves them!
* Halloween parties, dress up, makeup, nails! Everything Halloween – I have always classed myself as a good hostess, so when Halloween comes along I love to throw a great shindig with a theme! In fact each new year I get my friends messaging me begging me to host a gathering for Halloween hehe. I’ve made a lasting impression for the better I believe! Along with the hosting I absolutely love dressing up and trying creative creepy makeup. So basically everything Halloween-y!
* Autumn fashion – As I said earlier I am obsessed with Autumn leaves and vibrant colours and therefore I am obsessed with Autumnal clothing; Cosy jumpers, beautiful warm coloured dresses and beanies!
* Pumpkins of all shapes, sizes and colours – If you saw me at the pumpkin patch, you’d be sure to see a tear in my eye the whole time. There is a certain happiness I feel when I see pumpkins of all shapes, sizes and colours. It is my favourite thing to do each year and I cannot wait to share this joy and wonder with the kiddies!
Thank you for reading! What do you love about Autumn?