* This is a parterned/ Collaborative post
Between parenting, housework, a social life, and work, it can be so easy to let clutter pile up around the home. Sometimes the everyday tasks that need to be done just take over, and days of not tidying and organising can lead to weeks and months. With many of us still at home for a lot of the time, there is no time like the present to get a little more organised, and to have a clear out of the junk. You can make some money out of it, as well as leave clear space for your mind in these unusual times. We have been turning the house upside down to redo rooms in the house due to renovation! It’s looking so good and the things we are clearing out makes the process so refreshing ready for Summer.
- Use the walls: Hanging some baskets or canvas storage bins on hooks on walls can be a great way to create some storage, without having to have anything else on the floor. They could be used for toys in a child’s room, books or magazines in a living room, and even for toiletries in a bathroom. They add an extra element of fun into the room too. I shop on Amazon constantly to look for cool little ways of making storage fun! We now have over door hanging pockets, storage boxes in cubed units and plastic shelving for cupboards. We also utilise the height and use more shelves for various things! It’s a great way to save space in small rooms.
- Get organised with a hidden schedule: If you often have memos and notes around the house, as well as a busy calendar, then it can look messy if they are all out on display. So why not use the inside of a kitchen cabinet to display all of those things? Use a cabinet that gets opened regularly, and you can still see it all, but the kitchen will look so much better and more organised.
- Put everything in its place: it can be a good idea to go through each room and look at what is there out on display. Does it belong in that room? When you assign specific living quarters to all of the things that you own, and use things like boxes, bins, trays, and crates to store it all, you’ll know exactly where everything is, when you need to access it which I find motivates me more to do things. I love putting my face wash and moisturiser out on show so I am motivated to look after my skin each morning and evening!
- Declutter: as part of what has been mentioned above, it can be a good idea to think about decluttering your home. There can be a lot of things that need to be thrown out or given away, but there are some things that simply need to find the right place to stay. If you want to keep some things, but there just isn’t space for them right now (think of bulky baby furniture, for example), then it could be a good idea to enlist the help of a company like this Australian biz Two Men and Truck. Then you get to keep it all, but it will be packed away and stored elsewhere for you until you need it or have the space again!
- Stick to a cleaning routine: To help your home to look good and to stay nice and organised, then it is a good idea to make sure that you have a regular cleaning routine. You won’t put it off or find cleaning the whole house overwhelming, if you do little bits at a time, and have set days and times for doing things.
These are just a few things that you can be doing to get more organised at home. Is there anything else that you would add to the list?
I hope this has been helpful for you!